I’m not able to fix following error using MySites Newsfeed:
SharePoint returned the following error: The operation failed because the server could not access the distributed cache. Internal type name: Microsoft.Office.Server.Microfeed.MicrofeedException. Internal error code: 55. Contact your system administrator for help in resolving this problem.
SP Server 2013
Farm consists of 7 server, Distributed Cache is UP (Use-CacheCluster and Get-CacheHost returns UP status). Search is running, UPS is running and sync with AD works.
5 WFE + 2 App Servers
Distributed Cache running on 5 Servers other than App.
Distributed Cache service account is assigned Full Controll to UPS service and MySite DB and is in Local Admins Group.
I also run Update-SPRepopulateMicroblogLMTCache without any error, tried to restart cache cluster, everything I was able to find on the Net.
I solved this problem few days ago. Here are the steps I following.
- Remove all servers from Distributed Cache Cluster.
- Add the Servers back to Cluster and check the cluster status to see if all servers are UP.
- Remove All Users from permission age from UPA on manage service application page. UPA will break.
- Add UPA Admin Users again using PowerShell script available on the http://dayansameera.wordpress.com/.
- Close the browsers and try to create some entries for newsfeed.
- You might have to wait for 10 to 15 minutes to feed timer job to kick off.
This will probably fix News Feeds.