Yesterday I successfully completed the first ever SharePoint 2010 Configuration Exam. I do not know the result as it will be available in 8 Weeks time which is hopefully the release date of the exam. Overall I found the exam very nice. It gave me chance to see where I need more time to prepare for. I do not cover the exam here in details due to NDA but will do give a tip to one who is looking forward to do the exam; The tip is to make sure that you have visited each and every single location available in SharePoint and understand its concept why it is there and what to do if you face any problem. Do not ignore any option. the overall areas to cover are
1. Backup and Restore
2. Service Applications
3. Performance and Throttling
4. Solution Deployment and Sandbox
5. Caching and Diagnostics Logging
6. Page Layouts and Content Types
7. STSADM and Power Shell
8. User Management and Security Policies
9. Document and Records Management and Content Types
10. Site Collection Settings, Central Administration and Service Application Settings
There were 70 Questions with 4 Hours time. The time is more than enough to think about the question and answering it. For more details about the exam please visit.
Best of Luck if you are going to take the exam.